January 27th, 2008
Ben Winter-Giles, a webdev friend I met at Web Directions South in 2006, tagged me a while back but, true to form, I’m very late to the party! However, better late than never. (Perhaps!)
For those who havenâ€™t heard about it yet:
The rules :
- Link to your tagger and post these rules.
- List EIGHT random facts about yourself.
- Tag EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names.
- Let them know theyâ€™ve been tagged.
This is pretty hard cos I’m very open about myself, and everyone knows the most important things about me, for example, what I eat, what I drink… 😉
OK, so eight random facts about me:
- Since I was a child, I have wanted to learn French. I started at high school but couldn’t continue because of my hearing difficulties. After my cochlear implants (due June, 2008) if possible I want to study French and one day fulfil my dream to live in France for a few years.
- I’m city bred but I’m a country girl at heart. My idea of heaven is to live on an acreage (the bigger the better) with horses (of course) and grow my own produce. It would be amazing to be self-sufficient for all the essentials, and to only have to shop for life’s little luxuries.
- I have a black thumb. I’m told watering plants helps, but have yet to test this theory.
- I am a member of Slow Food Perth and the OGAWA. I support Slow Food because of its value both socially and environmentally, on many levels â€” and organic producers, because of their wonderful stewardship of the land and of animals, and the resulting benefits to my health and my taste buds!
- I’ve trained as an equine massage therapist (think sports massage for horses who, after all, are athletes) but sadly the standing around for the course brought on crippling (literally) sciatica that took 8 months to resolve, and so I never finished the externship. After my cochlear implants I would love to repeat this course and follow it through. I look forward to being more “hands-on” with my beautiful, noble steeds.
- Within the web industry, my ambition is still to be like Molly when I grow up.
- I am a passionate person. I am passionate about the web, and web standards and web accessibility in particular. I am passionate about horses and their wellbeing. I am passionate about my family and their wellbeing. I am passionate about the food we eat. I am passionate about maintaining culture and traditions (whatever they may be, including and especially those of the Australian Indigenous people, who are so undervalued in our society) instead of just adopting whatever the USA does as many Aussies seem inclined to do, without even giving it a thought. I am passionate about promoting thinking, rational, healthy human beings rather than pseudo-human sheep…
- I have never experienced it, but my idea of pure bliss is to bathe in Baileys Irish Cream and then… uh.
I won’t be tagging anyone specifically, because I think the meme is well and truly over â€” it seems everyone I know has already done it. If you haven’t, please consider yourself tagged! It’s been very interesting â€” thanks folks!